1. Preheat oven 180C.
2. Sweat onions and garlic in oil until soft. Add mince and cook until browned.
3. Add veggies until cooked. Remove and chop any very large veggies if you have fussy eaters.
4. Tip in the jar of tomato sauce, bring to boil then simmer for 20 mins.
5. Get your baking dish and layer up! Begin with a layer of the meat sauce, then a layer of pasta (lasagne sheets – use 4-6 in one layer and break up if required). Now a layer of white sauce. And repeat once - or twice - more, depending on how deep your dish is.
6. Finish your layering with pasta, then white sauce, then add a generous layer of grated mozzarella on the top. Put in the oven.
7. Whilst it’s cooking, towards the end, pop your garlic bread in and prep your salad.
8. Bake for 40 mins until brown and bubbling and the pasta is cooked through – stick a skewer in the middle to test the pasta is nice and soft all the way through.
9. Serve with the salad and the garlic bread.
HACKS: Let the lasagne stand for a while - even overnight - before the baking stage. Not only is this great for getting ahead, but it gets better and allows the lasagne to get nice and firm and keep its shape on the plate.
1 x tbsp olive oil
Small handful Iceland frozen chopped onions
1 tbsp Iceland frozen chopped garlic
Whole packet of Iceland lean steak mince
½ packet of Roasted veg in basil seasoning
Jar of Tomato sauce
Jar of White sauce
About 12 x Lasagne sheets
Large handful Grated mozzarella