Home Style Chicken Saag Balti
In just 30 minutes you can enjoy a fresh and healthy, homemade curry. This is better than the takeaway - quicker, healthier and cheaper too.
DEFROSTING REQUIRED: No
TIME: 30 mins
TEMPERATURE: Medium hob heat
1. Soften onion, garlic, chili, ginger in a little oil. Add chicken strips and fry until no longer frozen.
2. Add the Balti spices and fry off to release flavour for a few mins. Add chopped toms and simmer for 15 mins. Now add spinach and cook until all the spinach has combined with the sauce.
3. Toss in a little coriander 5 mins before you are ready to serve.
4. Pop naan breads in the oven to warm and your rice in the microwave to cook.
5. Serve with yogurt topped with black pepper and mango chutney in a dish on the side.
HACKS: Make several curries and turn it into a fakeaway night!
1. 1 x tbsp vegetable oil
2. Small handful Iceland frozen chopped onions
3. 1 x tbsp Iceland frozen chopped garlic
4. 1 x tbsp Iceland frozen ginger
5. 1 x tbsp Iceland frozen chili
6. 1/2 a packet of Iceland hot and spicy chicken strips
7. 3 tsp of curry powder
8. 1 tin of chopped tomatoes
9. Handful of Iceland frozen spinach
10. 1 tbsp of Iceland frozen coriander
1. 2 Pilau rice
2. Natural yogurt
4. Black pepper
5. 2 x packets of Leicester Bakery Naan
6. Mango chutney