Beef Hotpot Pie
DEFROSTING REQUIRED: Yes (pastry)
TIME: Approx. 1 hour
1. Defrost pastry the night before – according to instructions. Take out of the fridge before using according to the instructions.
2. Preheat oven to 180C.
3. Soften the onions and garlic in a little oil over a medium heat.
4. Add the frozen mince until no longer frozen and starting to colour. When it’s mostly brown add the frozen veg and stir thoroughly. Wait 5 minutes then pop in the stock pot to melt. Plus the dried herbs.
5. Add the gravy granules to your pan plus enough boiling water (probably about half a pint) to make it into a nice pie filling.
6. Let it bubble for a few minutes, then pop into your pie/baking dish.
7. Roll out your pastry (using a little flour), so it’s bigger than the pie dish, but just by a bit. Read the hack below. Top the pie, then trim off the excess around the edges with a knife. Glaze with a beaten egg. Snip or slice two little air holes in the middle to allow steam to escape.
8. Bake in the oven for 30-40 mins until the pastry is cooked and it’s golden and crispy.
9. For the last 5 mins, pop your frozen broccoli on to cook.
ALTERNATIVES: Try this with a splash of red wine just before the gravy stage.
HACKS: Dampen the edges of your pie dish with a little egg wash to help the pastry to stick. Try crimping it with a fork. But don’t worry if it falls inwards a bit – all the best pies are very rustic looking!
1 x tbsp oil
Small handful Iceland frozen chopped onions
1 tbsp Iceland frozen chopped garlic
½ packet of Iceland beef mince
1/3 packet of Iceland frozen country veg
3 tbsp Gravy granules
1 x tbsp dried herbs
1 block shortcrust pastry
1 egg, beaten
Iceland frozen broccoli
Refine Your Results By:
- Go to Category: Ultimate Chicken Tower Burger Recipe
- Go to Category: Easiest Ever Sunday Roast Recipe
- Go to Category: Superboost Smoothie Recipe
- Go to Category: Superboost Soup Recipe
- Go to Category: Easiest Ever Fruit Cakes Recipe
- Go to Category: Super Easy Berry Crumble Recipe
- Go to Category: Fish Finger Pie Recipe
- Go to Category: Tasty Chicken Curry Recipe
- Go to Category: Cheat's Berry Brulee Recipe
- Go to Category: Chicken Pesto Tart
- Go to Category: Secret Ingredient Chilli in a Rush
- Go to Category: Home Style Chicken Saag Balti
- Go to Category: Nando's Style Fakeaway
- Go to Category: Chicken Parmigiana
- Go to Category: Friday Night Kebabs
- Go to Category: Homestyle Saag Aloo
- Go to Category: Puffed Fruit Tarts
- Go to Category: Cheats Mini Toad in the Hole
- Go to Category: Bangers and Cheesy Mustard Mash
- Go to Category: Beef Hotpot Pie
- Go to Category: Homestyle Chicken Korma
- Go to Category: Easy Beef and Roasted Veg Lasagne Recipe
- Go to Category: Spanish Pork Chops with Olive Oil Mash
- Go to Category: Swedish Style Meatballs and Chips
- Go to Category: Easy Beef Enchiladas Recipe
- Go to Category: Easy Beef Chilli Nachos Recipe
- Go to Category: Beefy Baked Bean Pie Recipe
- Go to Category: Secret Ingredient Chocolate Cake Recipe
- Go to Category: Easy Prawn Paella Recipe
- Go to Category: Super Veg Cottage Pie Recipe