Keeping Kids Healthy
Even though children can be difficult to convince about the joys of healthy eating, it’s important that they develop good eating habits as early as possible. However, we all know that getting our little ones to eat healthily may require a little imagination to make sure they get all the nutrients they need! Here are a few handy tips for healthy eating:
- First things first, eat healthily yourself - kids usually pick up eating habits from their parents, so it’s always a good idea to set an example.
- Get the kids involved when preparing meals - they’re more likely to eat it when they’ve helped make it.
- Play with your food – try making vegetables more interesting by serving them in inventive ways, like funny faces, for instance.
- Finely chop or purée vegetables and sneak them into sauces, stews and even mashed potato.
- Slurp on a smoothie! They’re a fun and tasty way of contributing towards their 5-a-day.