The Easy Way To 5-A-Day
Fruit and vegetables play a key part of a balanced diet, and go a long way towards helping us stay healthy. So it’s important that we get enough of them.
The Department of Health recommends that we eat at least 5 portions per day. To help make it easier for our customers to understand the nutritional value of our products, all our fruit and veg is labelled with nution details per 100g.
Here are just a few examples of what you could choose as one ‘portion’ of your 5-a-day:
- 1 glass of fruit juice (150ml)
- 1 orange/apple/banana
- 2 small fruits kiwis, satsumas, plums, etc.
- 1 handful of grapes
- 1 tablespoon of dried fruit
- 3 tablespoons of vegetables
- 3 tablespoons of fruit salad
- 1 small bowl of salad