Bonus Card Terms & Conditions
Registering for a Bonus Card
These terms and conditions were last amended on 22nd March 2016.
1. Bonus Cards are available in all participating Iceland stores to anyone who is resident in the UK who is aged 18 years or over.
2. To apply for a Bonus Card, pick up a temporary card in store and register it online at Iceland.co.uk/mybonuscard.
3. These terms and conditions govern your use of the Bonus Card and set out the terms of the contract between Iceland Foods Limited (“Iceland”) and you. Completion of the registration form or the use of the temporary card attached to such registration form indicates acceptance by you of these terms and conditions.
4. On successful registration as a first time Bonus Card holder you will be sent a welcome pack which contains a welcome offer. Only one welcome pack will be issued per each new Bonus Card holder registration. Please note it may take up to 4 weeks for the registration of your Bonus Card to be completed.
5. Bonus Card holders are only entitled to one Bonus Card and one key fob.
6. Bonus Cards and key fobs are personal to the registered Bonus Card holder who is responsible for all use of their Bonus Card and key fob. Iceland accepts no responsibility for the unauthorised use of a Bonus Card or key fob.
7. Bonus Cards and key fobs are issued by and remain the property of Iceland who reserves the right to withdraw, decline or issue a new card or key fob without notice.
# Saving on your Bonus Card
8. Iceland’s Bonus Card Savings Scheme (the “Savings Scheme”) enables a registered Bonus Card holder to add savings to their Bonus Card (“Savings”).
9. Savings can be added at any time in participating Iceland stores by way of cash and/or debit/credit card payment. You can also top-up your Savings online on your ‘Manage my Bonus Card’ page at groceries.iceland.co.uk. You will need to register for / login to your online shopping account and you can then top-up your Savings using a debit/credit card or via PayPal. Please note that it can take up to 48 hours for your Savings to be added to your Bonus Card.
10. The maximum amount of Savings allowed on your Bonus Card is £1,000. No interest is added to any Savings held on your bonus card.
11. All Savings added to the Savings Scheme are ring fenced in an Iceland Bonus Card Savings trust bank account which is separate to all other Iceland bank accounts.
12. Savings cannot be added to your temporary card in store but you can save online before you receive your permanent Bonus Card. Please note the registration and issue of permanent Bonus Cards can take up to 4 weeks.
13. Members of the Savings Scheme will receive a £1 Iceland bonus each time an aggregate of £25 of Savings is added to your Savings balance (in one or a series of transactions). Once a Savings milestone is met, the milestone will be reset and a further total of £25 of Savings must be added to your Savings balance (in one or a series of transactions) to receive your next £1 bonus. Bonuses or other promotional amounts added by Iceland do not count towards a £25 milestone. Each £1 bonus will be automatically added to your Savings balance within 48 hours of meeting a £25 milestone.
14. Savings can be used to purchase products in participating Iceland stores or online at groceries.iceland.co.uk.
15. When shopping online you will be asked to choose whether you want to use your Savings against your shopping. If you choose to use your Savings, you can set how much you wish to use and the remaining balance to be paid for your shopping (if any) will be reduced accordingly.
16. No cash alternative or refund will be offered for your Savings under any circumstances.
17. No change will be given where Savings are redeemed in part and the balance of any unredeemed Savings will remain on your Bonus Card.
18. You can carry out a balance enquiry in store, by visiting Iceland.co.uk/mybonuscard or by calling the Helpline (details below). Your balance will also be printed on the bottom of your receipt every time you shop in an Iceland store and swipe your Bonus Card.
19. Any transactions will take up to 24 hours to be recorded on your Bonus Card. Iceland accepts no responsibility for any computer or equipment failure resulting in lost transactions from any Bonus Card account or technical issues with address verification. In the event of a computer error Iceland will restore the last recorded unused balance to your Bonus Card. If you have any queries about your Bonus Card please contact the Helpline.
20. Your Bonus Card will automatically expire 24 months after the last time you use it and any remaining balance will expire and will not be retrievable. We will write to you in advance of the expiry period however if you would like to keep your balance for longer than this, please give us a call via the Helpline.
21. If your Bonus Card is lost or stolen you must notify the Helpline immediately between the hours of 08:00-21:00 Monday to Friday, 08:00-20:00 Saturday and 08:00-18:00 Sunday. On notification of any lost or stolen Bonus Card, the Helpline will cancel the card and transfer any Savings to a new card. You are solely responsible for the safety and security of your Bonus Card. In the event that your card is lost or stolen Iceland shall not be liable for any Savings taken from your account prior to your notifying Iceland of your lost/stolen Bonus Card.
22. You may cancel your Bonus Card at any time by writing to Bonus Card, Customer Services (details below). Any remaining balance on your Bonus Card will be lost on cancellation. It is therefore important that you make sure that any Savings on your Bonus Card are redeemed prior to cancellation.
* Home Delivery Service
23. The Home Delivery Service is only available to Bonus Card holders and only applies when you spend £20 or more (excluding Savings) in one transaction at a participating Iceland store and is subject to a maximum travel distance. The radius for participating stores is 10 miles from the delivery address except where the store is within the M25 perimeter where a 3 mile radius will apply. Details of participating stores can be obtained by telephoning the Helpline or visiting our website at Iceland.co.uk. Home Delivery and delivery time slots are subject to availability.
24. Iceland reserves the right to withdraw or amend the terms of the Home Delivery Service at any time without notice to you.
25. The Home Delivery Service is only available for the delivery of items purchased at Iceland. The Home Delivery Service will deliver goods to your door. Our drivers will assist where possible, but they are not obliged to enter your premises.
26. The Bonus Card holder, or another person nominated by the cardholder who is over 18 years of age, must sign for any goods that Iceland deliver. It is the cardholder’s responsibility to ensure that they, or an authorised person who is 18 years or over, is at the delivery address when we try to deliver the goods. If no one is there we will leave notification of our visit, return the goods to our store and try to contact the Bonus Card holder to arrange a date and time for redelivery. Under no circumstances will goods be left unattended, for example, in a customer's garage, or with anybody who is under 18 years of age. Proof of identity may be requested upon delivery. Signature upon receipt of the goods will be proof of delivery.
27. Iceland reserves the right to withhold the delivery of alcoholic drinks to persons who look under the age of 25 and cannot prove that they are 18 or over, are under the age of 18 or appear to be under the influence of alcohol.
28. To comply with licensing laws we can only deliver alcohol during our licensed hours, these vary for each store but are usually 08:00 to 23:00 Monday to Saturday and 10:00 to 22:30 Sunday in England and Wales and 10:00 to 20:00 Monday to Sunday in Scotland
29. Despite allocating time slots for delivery, Iceland cannot guarantee a time for delivery and will not be liable if the cardholder fails to notify a change of address.
30. Faulty or damaged goods must be notified to the store or the Helpline within 24 hours of delivery.
31. Ownership of, and risk in, the goods will pass to you once we have delivered your order. You should read all information on the product label carefully. If the delivery address stated on your order is not the address where you live, Iceland will not be liable for any damage or detriment to the goods caused by the onward delivery to you.
32. Iceland may decline to offer free Home Delivery in the event of temporary failure of electrical equipment, mechanical breakdown, industrial action, adverse weather conditions or other reasons beyond Iceland's control.
33. Whilst we take every care to deliver your order we cannot be liable for any loss or damage you may incur (whether direct or indirect) arising from any delay, failure or other problem relating to our delivery of the goods.
† Monthly Prize Draw
34. Each month (a “Prize Period”) there will be an opportunity for one registered Bonus Card holder per Iceland store to win the cost of their shopping. Each winner will be notified of their win on a coupon which will be printed at the till. The prize (the value of that shop) will be loaded directly onto each winner’s bonus card within ten days and will be available to spend by the date set out on the coupon.
35. The monthly prize draw is open to all registered Bonus Card holders excluding temporary card holders, employees of Iceland or its associated companies, their respective families and any agencies or anyone connected with the prize draw competition. Please note that the registration of your Bonus Card can take up to four weeks.
36. To be entered into the monthly prize draw you must purchase goods in store and swipe a valid Bonus Card during a Qualifying Period. “Qualifying Periods” run from the 21st of each month to the 20th of the following month. Entries made during each Qualifying Period will be submitted into the draw for the next Prize Period. You will receive one entry per valid swipe of your Bonus Card. be entered into the monthly prize draw if you have purchased goods in store and swiped a valid Bonus Card during the four weeks prior to the relevant Prize Period. Entries will not be carried over from one Qualifying Period to the next. You will not be entered into the prize draw if you have only added Savings to your card and no further transaction took place. You will also not be entered into the prize draw for online transactions.
37. At the beginning of each Prize Period, one potential winner per store (based on Bonus Card holders’ most frequently shopped stores) from the entries made during the relevant Qualifying Period will be selected at random by a computer system and the prize opportunity will be linked to the potential winners’ Bonus Card. In order to win a prize, a potential winner must complete a transaction in any participating store and swipe their Bonus Card during the relevant Prize Period. If they do, a message will be printed at the till informing the Bonus Card holder that they have won the value of their shopping, and of the date by which they must spend the prize.
38. If a potential winner does not shop and swipe their Bonus Card during the relevant Prize Period their prize opportunity will be forfeited. They will be entered into future draws, provided they have satisfied the entry criteria set out in these terms. Prizes will not be rolled over into any other Prize Period.
39. Prizes will be available within ten days after the winner has been notified and the date by which the prize can be claimed will be printed on the coupon. Further goods cannot be added to the transaction once the Bonus Card has been swiped.
40. By entering the prize draw, winners agree to participate in publicity relating to the prize draw on the reasonable request of Iceland
41. The prize winners’ name and county will be made available on request at the end of each Prize Period. Please contact the Helpline, see below for details.
42. The result of each prize draw is final and no correspondence will be entered into. If a Bonus Card is withdrawn, suspended or revoked for any reason before or during a Prize Period, all entries linked to that Bonus Card will be disqualified from the prize draw.
43. Northern Ireland Bonus Card holders only - no purchase necessary. To enter the prize draw without making a purchase, please send a stamped envelope or postcard to Iceland Foods Limited, Monthly Competition, Second Avenue, Deeside Industrial Park, Deeside, Flintshire, CH5 2NW. Only one entry per stamped envelope per day. No bulk or third party applications will be accepted. Entries received will be placed into the prize draw for the next Prize Period.
44. No responsibility will be taken for entries that are lost, delayed or have not been transmitted due to a computer error which is beyond Iceland’s control. Proof of entry is not proof of receipt.
45. By entering the prize draw you agree to be bound by these terms and conditions.
46. Iceland reserves the right to cancel or amend the prize draw or these terms and conditions at any time if circumstances beyond our reasonable control make this necessary and may cancel the prize draw at the end of any Prize Period without prior notice.
Keeping us up to date
47. The Bonus Card holder is responsible for making sure that any information Iceland holds about you (including your name and address) is correct and up to date. You can let us know about any changes to your details by calling the Helpline, writing to Bonus Card, Customer Services or visiting Iceland.co.uk/mybonuscard.
Things you need to know
48. Iceland does not accept liability for lost, stolen or damaged cards or key fobs. Iceland cannot be held responsible for any loss arising (including the unauthorised spending of Savings) from a Bonus Card holder failing to ensure the safe keeping of these items or any security details relating to a cardholder’s account or failing to immediately report a card as lost or stolen. If a card or key fob is lost, stolen or damaged, immediately call the Helpline. If your Bonus Card is lost or stolen we will disable your original card and key fob and issue you with a new Bonus Card and key fob. If your Bonus Card is damaged we will issue you with a replacement Bonus Card and key fob but your account will not be disabled. In each case Iceland will transfer the last recorded unused balance on to your new or replacement card which will be posted to your registered address.
49. Nothing in these terms and conditions shall limit our liability for death or personal injury resulting from our negligence nor limit any legal rights you have as a consumer.
50. Iceland may amend these terms and conditions at any time. All changes to the terms and conditions shall appear on our website at Iceland.co.uk. Please check our website regularly for changes.
51. Iceland may withdraw the Bonus Card scheme at any time but will give you reasonable notice so that you may use your Savings to make purchases at a participating Iceland store or online prior to such withdrawal.
52. Iceland reserves the right to take any appropriate action deemed necessary where there is reasonable belief of: a. any abuse or attempted abuse of the Bonus Card scheme; b. any breach or attempted breach of these terms and conditions; and/or c. any behaviour that involves theft, misconduct, abusive or offensive behaviour, or supplying false or misleading information.
53. The provision of the Savings Scheme, the Home Delivery Service and the Monthly Prize Draw as well as these terms and conditions are subject to English law and the parties submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
How we use your information
54. Iceland will use the details you have provided on your application form to contact you via post, email or SMS to send you offers and keep you up to date with promotions and information about products, services and the Bonus Card. Iceland may share your personal details with carefully selected third parties. If you do not wish to receive such information please write to us at Bonus Card Opt Out or call the Helpline (details below) and request to be removed from all future marketing activity
55. Iceland will also use any information you provide to us together with details on how you use your Bonus Card and what you buy in our stores to help manage our Bonus Card scheme and improve the way we run it, understand our customers’ shopping behaviours and improve our service.
57. When you contact the Helpline we will verify your identity using the information provided at registration or subsequently. If the caller is anybody other than the Bonus Card holder then we will still need to verify the identity of the Bonus Card holder and confirm that they are happy for us to speak to someone else on their behalf. If we cannot verify the Bonus Card holder’s details then unfortunately we may need to terminate the call.
58. Employees of Iceland (or its associated companies) can apply for a Bonus Card, use any discount vouchers received in connection with their registered Bonus Card, and are eligible to save using their Bonus Card but they will not be eligible for staff discount when adding Savings to their card or to take part in any competitions or prize draws (please see separate terms and conditions). Employees may, however, use their staff discount card when redeeming Savings.
Who We Are and How to Contact Us
59. The Bonus Card Savings Scheme, Home Delivery Service and Monthly Prize Draw are operated by Iceland Foods Limited, registered office; Second Avenue, Deeside Industrial Park, Deeside, Flintshire, CH5 2NW.
60. Bonus Card Helpline: 0800 328 0800 Mon-Fri 8am-9pm, Sat 8am-8pm and Sun 8am-6pm (opening hours subject to change), calls will be free from a BT landline other networks may be higher and from mobiles considerably more. Calls may be recorded.
61. Bonus Card, Customer Services / Bonus Card Opt Out: Second Avenue, Deeside Industrial Park, Deeside, Flintshire, CH5 2NW.