Bonus Card Terms & Conditions
Registering for a Bonus Card
1. Bonus Cards are available in all participating Iceland stores to anyone who is resident in the UK who is aged 18 years or over.
2. To apply for a Bonus Card register online at www.iceland.co.uk/mybonuscard or pick up and complete a registration form in store and hand it in at the till.
3. These terms and conditions govern your use of the Bonus Card and set out the terms of the contract between Iceland Foods Limited (“Iceland”) and you. Completion of the registration form or the use of the temporary card attached to such registration form indicates acceptance by you of these terms and conditions.
4. On successful registration as a first time Bonus Card holder you will be sent a welcome pack which contains a money-off coupon as a welcome offer. Only one welcome pack will be issued per each new Bonus Card holder registration. Please note it may take up to 4 weeks for the registration of your Bonus Card to be completed.
5. Bonus Card holders are only entitled to one Bonus Card and two key fobs.
6. Bonus Cards and key fobs are personal to the registered Bonus Card holder who is responsible for all use of their Bonus Card and key fobs. Iceland accepts no responsibility for the unauthorised use of a Bonus Card or key fob.
7. Bonus Cards and key fobs are issued by and remain the property of Iceland who reserves the right to withdraw, decline or issue a new card or key fobs without notice.
Saving with your Bonus Card
8. Iceland’s Bonus Card Savings Scheme (the “Savings Scheme”) enables a registered Bonus Card holder to add savings to their Bonus Card (“Savings”).
9. Savings can be added at any time in participating Iceland stores by way of cash and/or debit/credit card payment, up to a total maximum of £1,000. No interest is added to any savings held on your bonus card.
10. All savings added to the savings scheme are ring fenced in an Iceland Bonus Card savings trust bank account which is separate to all other Iceland bank accounts.
11. Savings cannot be added to your temporary card. Please note the registration and issue of permanent Bonus Cards can take up to 4 weeks.
12. Savings cannot currently be purchased or redeemed online.
13. Members of the Savings Scheme will receive a £1 Iceland bonus when they reach each savings milestone of £25 for the first time only (excluding any amounts added by Iceland)]. The £1 bonus will be automatically added to your Savings balance within 48 hours of the qualifying transaction.
14. Savings can be used to purchase products in participating Iceland stores excluding Iceland paper saving stamps. No cash alternative or refund will be offered.
15. No change will be given where Savings are redeemed in part and the balance of any unredeemed Savings will remain on your Bonus Card.
16. You can carry out a balance enquiry in store, by visiting www.iceland.co.uk/mybonuscard or by calling the Helpline (details below). Your balance will also be printed on the bottom of your receipt every time you shop at Iceland.
17. Iceland accepts no responsibility for any computer or equipment failure resulting in lost transactions from any Bonus Card account or technical issues with address verification. Any transactions will take up to 24 hours to be recorded on your Bonus Card. In the event of a computer error Iceland will restore the last recorded unused balance to your Bonus Card. If you have any queries about your Bonus Card please contact the Helpline.
18. Your Bonus Card will automatically expire 24 months after the last time you use it and any remaining balance will expire and will not be retrievable. We will write to you in advance of the expiry period however if you would like to keep your balance for longer than this, please give us a call via the Helpline.
19. If your Bonus Card is lost or stolen you must notify the Helpline immediately between the hours of 08:00-19:00 Monday to Friday, 08:00-18:00 Saturday and 10:00-16:00 Sunday. On notification of any lost or stolen Bonus Card, the Helpline will cancel the card and transfer any Savings to a new card. You are solely responsible for the safety and security of your Bonus Card. In the event that your card is lost or stolen Iceland shall not be liable for any Savings taken from your account prior to your notifying Iceland of your lost/stolen Bonus Card.
20. You may cancel your Bonus Card at any time by writing to Bonus Card, Customer Services (details below). Any remaining balance on your Bonus Card will be lost on cancellation. It is therefore important that you make sure that any Savings on your Bonus Card are redeemed.
Home Delivery Service
21. The Home Delivery Service is only available to Bonus Card holders and only applies when you spend £25 or more (excluding savings) in one transaction at a participating Iceland store and is subject to a maximum travel distance. The radius for participating stores is 10 miles from the delivery address except where the store is within the M25 perimeter where a 3 mile radius will apply. Details of participating stores can be obtained by telephoning the Helpline or visiting our website at www.iceland.co.uk. Home Delivery is subject to availability.
22. Iceland reserves the right to withdraw or amend the terms of the Home Delivery Service at any time without notice to you.
23. The Home Delivery Service is only available for the delivery of items purchased at Iceland.
24. The Bonus Card holder, or another person nominated by the cardholder who is over 18 years of age, must sign for any goods that Iceland deliver. It is the cardholder’s responsibility to ensure that they, or an authorised person who is 18 years or over, is at the delivery address when we try to deliver the goods. If no one is there we will leave notification of our visit, return the goods to our store and try to contact the Bonus Card holder to arrange a date and time for redelivery. Under no circumstances will goods be left unattended, for example, in a customer's garage, or with anybody who is under 18 years of age. Proof of identity may be requested upon delivery. Signature upon receipt of the goods will be proof of delivery.
25. Iceland reserves the right to withhold the delivery of alcoholic drinks to persons who look under the age of 25 and cannot prove otherwise, are under the age of 18 or appear to be under the influence of alcohol.
26. Iceland cannot guarantee a time for delivery and will not be liable if the cardholder fails to notify a change of address.
27. Faulty or damaged goods must be notified to the store or call the Helpline within 24 hours of delivery.
28. Ownership of, and risk in, the goods will pass to you once we have delivered your order. You should read all information on the product label carefully. If the delivery address stated on your order is not the address where you live, Iceland will not be liable for any damage or detriment to the goods caused by the onward delivery to you.
29. Iceland may decline to offer free Home Delivery in the event of temporary failure of electrical equipment, mechanical breakdown, industrial action, adverse weather conditions or other reasons beyond Iceland's control.
30. Whilst we take every care to deliver your order we cannot be liable for any loss or damage you may incur (whether direct or indirect) arising from any delay, failure or other problem relating to our delivery of the goods.
Monthly Prize Draw
31. Each month there are 500 prizes to be won by registered Bonus Card holders. The prizes are 10 x £100, 20 x £50, 20 x £25, 50 x £10, 400 x £5. The prize money will be added to the winners Bonus Card to spend in a participating Iceland store. No cash alternative will be offered and the prize money is non-transferable.
32. The monthly prize draw is open to all registered Bonus Card holders excluding temporary card holders, employees of Iceland or its associated companies, their respective families and any agencies or anyone connected with the prize draw competition. Please note that the registration of your Bonus Card can take up to 4 weeks.
33. You will be entered into the relevant monthly prize draw once each time you purchase goods in store and swipe a valid registered Bonus Card. You will not be entered into the prize draw if you have only added savings to your card and no further transaction took place. You will not be entered into the prize draw for online transactions.
34. The prize draw will be made in the first week of every month unless otherwise stated and will include all eligible entries from the previous month.
35. Each month 500 winners will be selected at random by a computer system and the prize loaded on to the winners bonus card. After the draw, the next time the winners complete a transaction in store and swipe their Bonus Card, a message will be printed at the till informing the Bonus Card holder the value of their prize and that the prize has been loaded onto their Bonus Card.
36. The prize money will be available to spend in store immediately but will expire 6 months after it has been loaded on to the winners Bonus Card.
37. If the winner has not shopped in store and received a message coupon printed within 3 months of the prize being loaded onto their bonus card, the winner will be contacted by letter at their registered address. The expiry date will not be extended.
38. Winners can check the value of their prize money and expiry date at www.iceland.co.uk/bonuscard.
39. The winners may be asked to partake in reasonable publicity surrounding their win.
40. The prize winners name and county will be made available on request. Please contact Bonus Card Customer Services see below.
41. The result of the prize draw is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
42. Iceland reserves the right to cancel or amend the prize draw or these terms and conditions at any time without prior notice.
43. Northern Ireland Bonus Card holders only - no purchase necessary. To enter the prize draw without making a purchase, please send a stamped envelope or postcard to Iceland Foods Limited, Monthly Competition, Second Avenue, Deeside Industrial Park, Deeside, Flintshire, CH5 2NW. Only one entry per stamped envelope per day. No bulk or third party applications will be accepted.
44. No responsibility will be taken for entries that are lost, delayed or damaged and by entering the prize draw you agree to be bound by these terms and conditions.
Keeping us up to date
45. The Bonus Card holder is responsible for making sure that any information Iceland holds about you (including your name and address) is correct and up to date. You can let us know about any changes to your details by calling the Helpline, writing to Bonus Card, Customer Services or visiting www.iceland.co.uk/mybonuscard.
Things you need to know
46. Iceland does not accept liability for lost, stolen or damaged cards or key fobs. Iceland cannot be held responsible for any loss arising from a Bonus Card holder failing to ensure the safe keeping of these items or any security details relating to a cardholder’s account. If a card or key fob is lost, stolen or damaged, immediately call the Helpline. If your Bonus Card is lost or stolen we will disable your original card and key fobs and issue you with a new Bonus Card and key fobs. If your Bonus Card is damaged we will issue you with a replacement Bonus Card and key fobs but your account will not be disabled. In each case Iceland will transfer the last recorded unused balance on to your new or replacement card which will be posted to your registered address.
47. Nothing in these terms and conditions shall limit our liability for death or personal injury resulting from our negligence nor limit any legal rights you have as a consumer.
48. Iceland may amend these terms and conditions at any time. All changes to the terms and conditions shall appear on our website at www.iceland.co.uk/mybonuscard. Please check our website regularly for changes.
49. Iceland may withdraw the Bonus Card Scheme at any time but will give you reasonable notice of any such withdrawal so that you may use your Savings to make purchases at a participating Iceland store prior to such withdrawal.
50. Iceland reserves the right to take any appropriate action deemed necessary where there is reasonable belief of:
a. any abuse or attempted abuse of the Bonus Card Scheme;
b. any breach or attempted breach of these terms and conditions; and/or
c. any behaviour that involves theft, misconduct, abusive or offensive behaviour, or supplying false or misleading information.
51. The provision of the Savings Scheme, the Home Delivery service and the Monthly Prize Draw as well as these terms and conditions are subject to English law.
How we use your information
52. Iceland will use the details you have provided on your application form to contact you via post, email or SMS to send you offers and keep you up to date with promotions and information about products, services and the Bonus Card. Iceland may share your personal details with carefully selected third parties. If you do not wish to receive such information please write to us at Bonus Card Opt Out or call the Bonus Card Helpline (details below) and request to be removed from all future marketing activity
53. Iceland will also use any information you provide to us together with details on how you use your Bonus Card and what you buy in our stores to help manage our Bonus Card scheme and improve the way we run it, understand our customers’ shopping habits and improve our service.
54. Employees of Iceland (or its associated companies) can apply for a Bonus Card, use any discount vouchers received in connection with their registered Bonus Card, and are eligible to save using their Bonus Card but they will not be eligible for staff discount when adding Savings to their card or to take part in any competitions or prize draws (please see separate terms and conditions). Employees may, however, use their staff discount card when redeeming Savings.
Who We Are and How to Contact Us
55. The Bonus Card Savings Scheme, Home Delivery Service and Monthly Prize Draw is operated by Iceland Foods Limited, registered office; Second Avenue, Deeside Industrial Park, Deeside, Flintshire, CH5 2NW.
56. Bonus Card Helpline: 0800 328 0800 Mon-Fri 8am-7pm, Sat 8am-6pm and Sun 10am-4pm (opening hours subject to change), calls will be free from a BT landline other networks may be higher and from mobiles considerably more.
57. Bonus Card, Customer Services / Bonus Card Opt Out: Second Avenue, Deeside Industrial Park, Deeside, Flintshire, CH5 2NW.